Open Call Rules
Design a compelling magic item for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, using the Item Creation guidelines in the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook.
The item must be a wondrous item. Do not make your item a cursed item, artifact, minor artifact, or device that requires rules from Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Technology Guide. Do not reference any rules not available in the Pathfinder Reference Document. (This means you may NOT use rules from Pathfinder RPG Horror Adventures, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Intrigue, or Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Wilderness, among other options. Do not use rules from Pathfinder Player Companions or any other source that is not available on the PRD.)
Entries must be submitted to email@example.com (which can also be done through the submission button at http://designfinder.opengamingnetwork.com/ beginning on May 29, 2018, and must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on June 11, 2018.
The top 16 entries, and the designers who will get to compete in the contest, will be announced June 18, 2018.
The entire submission must not exceed 300 words.
In addition, please include your full name and hometown; the word count for these do NOT count toward the submission’s word count. (The judges will not see who is designing which item; a facilitator will copy each item to a Google Doc, where the judges will look at it, and will be later matched back with its item).
- Use the presentation for magic items found in the appropriate section of Chapter 15 of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook. The subject line of the submission form should contain the name of the item. The body of the form should include the complete item text in the appropriate format (this means the item name will be included in the body as well).
For your convenience, below is a template you may use so your item matches those in the Core Rulebook. You may copy this text to help format your submission, but are not required to do so. Remember that improperly formatted entries may be disqualified. “ZZ” is a placeholder to indicate you should replace that text with appropriate information for your wondrous item.
Aura ZZstrength ZZschool; CL ZZth
Slot ZZslot; Price ZZ gp; Weight ZZ lbs.
Requirements ZZfeats, ZZspells, ZZotherrequirements; Cost ZZ gp
Note: You must use the above format from the Core Rulebook, not the graphical magic item format used in Ultimate Equipment.
Submissions may be disqualified for the following reasons:
- Submission is not a wondrous item, or involves rules elements specifically disallowed (intelligent items, cursed items, and so on).
- Submission is not anonymous.
- Submission exceeds 300 words.
- Submission does not conform to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
- Submission is copied from a previously published source.
- Submission uses rules that are not found on the PRD, or references material that is not open content.