How to Enter
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, submit an original magic item (which must be a wondrous item) using the format shown in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (this format is available free on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document).
More specific details are in the Round 1 rules. The entry period begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time on May 28, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on June 11, 2018. Entries must be submitted through the official entry form at http://designfinder.opengamingnetwork.com/. Entries will not be accepted by mail, telephone, fax, or any other method. There are no exceptions to this requirement. Incomplete entries, entries over the word limit, and entries not conforming to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game will be disqualified. Entries that make the Top 16 become the property of d20pfsrd.com Publishing (Open Gaming, LLC). All other entries revert to ownership of their designer at the conclusion of the contest; no such item will be used without recompensing the designer. The organizers of the DesignFinder talent search are not responsible for lost entries.
The top 16 entries, as selected by a panel of judges, may proceed to further contest rounds with additional requirements. The requirements of subsequent rounds must be met by the contestants in order to maintain eligibility for any prizes.
- The contest is open to the general public, with the following exceptions: Employees of Paizo, their immediate family members, and persons with whom such employees are domiciled are ineligible. Anyone who has been employed full-time as a designer for a game company is ineligible. Anyone with a cover credit on a hardcover RPG book is ineligible. Anyone who has a design credit in 3 or more of Paizo’s Pathfinder and/or Starfinder products is ineligible. The top 8 finalists of all RPG Superstar™ contests are ineligible. Contestants must provide their real names. Legal identification must be produced on request. (Please note that we don’t anticipate having to ask for legal identification; Someone with a name they use every day that is different than their birth/legal name is welcome and encouraged to participate.)
- One entry per person. Anyone found submitting more than one entry will be disqualified and any prizes won will be immediately forfeited.
- By entering this contest, the contestant authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name, likeness, voice, photograph, and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner on d20pfsrd.com Publishing, Open Gaming Network and any associated sites and outlets that d20pfsrd.com Publishing (Open Gaming, LLC) may deem appropriate.
- By entering this contest, contestant agree that they may be selected to participate in portions of the contest that include public discussion and public voting. Contestants agree that while Open Gaming Network has guidelines for messageboard conduct, the contestant will indemnify and hold blameless Open Gaming Network and all of its affiliates, judges, participants, and customers for any comments, discussion, or other communication pertaining to the contest.
- During public voting rounds, contestants are prohibited from any public discussion that could be considered as adding to, expanding upon, or clarifying the content of their current submissions. This applies to (but is not limited to) interviews, personal blogs, and messageboard posts on Open Gaming Network, paizo.com or elsewhere, including the Open Gaming Network discussion thread for the entry itself. Any such discussion may result in disqualification, in the sole discretion of the judges.
- The grand prize is the opportunity for a paid commission to write an adventure for d20pfsrd.com Publishing. The winner must sign a contract to write an adventure as prepared and accepted by d20pfsrd.com Publishing. The final adventure must be written in the English language, following the Pathfinder RPG rules set, and must be written with proper spelling and grammar. The winner must fulfill his or her obligation to write an adventure acceptable to d20pfsrd.com Publishing before getting paid for this work. Winning the DesignFinder contest does not guarantee the winner payment if he or she doesn’t fulfill the obligation to write the adventure or can’t deliver an adventure that meets d20pfsrd.com Publishing’s quality standards.
- In accepting a prize, the winner acknowledges that d20pfsrd.com Publishing (Open Gaming, LLC) may not be held liable for any loss, damage, or injury associated with accepting this prize.
- d20pfsrd.com Publishing retains the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value to the winner’s prize in the event of the unsuitability of any part of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
- Approximate value of the grand prize is subject to the word count of the final commissioned adventure.
- This contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws where applicable.
- d20pfsrd.com Publishing reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
- The winner and finalists are responsible for any local, state, and federal taxes owed due to their participation in this contest.
- Decisions of d20pfsrd.com Publishing and the contest judges are final.